Strategic Diversity Update
As the spring semester reaches its midterm, the Ad Hoc Diversity Planning Committee is preparing for a second round of campus and community engagement sessions. We took the feedback received during the Fall 2013 sessions, and have aligned around seven goals, with a list of recommendations that we would like to receive feedback on. The initial draft that we are sharing with our campus community and the Madison community is intended to serve as the centerpiece for discussion and for determining the most effective and efficient ways to implement change as we move forward.
This draft includes a documentation of the history of UW Madison’s diversity planning and a rationale for goals, where change is needed. Within each goal, we lay out recommendations that are organized according to Stakeholders, Implementation (team/s), Short- and Long-term Measures and Rationale.
We look forward to hearing from campus and community about:
- The strengths of the recommendations
- What improvements could be made to increase clarity, meaning, and usefulness?
- What roles can units play in these recommendations?
As always, this is your campus and community, and we need your input on this important work. We look forward to continuing our conversation at this spring’s engagement sessions. Register if you plan on attending (not required).
- Monday, April 7, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Union South
- Tuesday, April 8, 4 – 6 p.m. at Gordon Commons
- Tuesday, April 8, 11 p.m. – 12:30 a.m. at Health Sciences Learning Center
- Thursday, April 10, 7 – 9 p.m. at DeJope Hall
- Monday, April 7, 7 p.m. at Fountain of Life Covenant Church, 633 W. Badger Road
- Wednesday, April 9, 7 p.m. at the United Way of Dane County, 2059 Atwood Ave.